Installation of Aalborg boilers
For the best integration and performance, your Alfa Laval Aalborg boiler or waste heat recovery system should be installed by the experts who manufactured it. Alfa Laval can perform quick and cost-effective installation accordingto all guidelines and best practices, which gives you full peace of mind.
Installation by Alfa Laval is a flexible service tailored to your specific needs. We handle the positioning, physical connections, setup and commissioning of your retrofit equipment, bringing it into operation as smoothly as possible. Our boiler expertise, manufacturing knowledge, strong logistics and excellent project management are all part of the solution.
Installations can be performed anywhere in the world, depending on their size and complexity. Smaller or nonessential jobs can be done en route or in port, while those requiring more planning can be done alongside or in dry dock.
マリンエマージャンシーサービスについては、+46 4636 7700までお電話ください。
- Flexible service for the installation work
- Easier and better planning of budget and logistics
- Trouble-free start-up and fine-tuning
- Optimum performance
- Peace of mind
Installation for Aalborg boilers
Scope of supply
Alfa Laval can install the following boilers and waste heat
recovery (WHR) systems:
- Alfa Laval Aalborg steam boilers
- Alfa Laval Aalborg thermal oil boilers
- Alfa Laval Aalborg WHR-GT economizers
- Alfa Laval Aalborg economizers (after auxiliary engines)
- Aalborg Vaerft, Aalborg boilers (AV, AQ, etc.)
Installation can be performed in the following scenarios:
- During voyage
Installation en route (for non-essential equipment only) offers potential savings by avoiding vessel off-hire.
- Dry dock
Dry dock stays are ideal for larger planned installations that involve construction changes in the vessel.
Larger planned installations can be conducted alongside to avoid shipyard costs.
- Port stays
Smaller jobs and planned equipment changes can be handled during shorter stays in port.
Scope of service
Installation is a tailor-made service where the scope and duration depend on the needs. The following general steps are included:
- Pre-installation inspection
At an early stage, an experienced Alfa Laval supervisor conducts an onboard inspection to determine the extent of the installation.
The installation is performed by a team of Alfa Laval experts, usually comprised of welders/boilermakers led by a supervisor. In a typical boiler installation, the team handles:
- Correct positioning and fixation of the equipment
- Alignment and level check of the equipment
- Installation of required system piping
- Electrical wiring and connection of all required electrical cables
- Control and alarm point setting
Once the installation is completed, a skilled Alfa Laval service engineer commissions the plant on board. This involves:
- Control of installation and alarm point setting
- Commissioning and start-up
Other 360° Service Portfolio services for your equipment
- Alfa Laval Installation Supervision for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Cleaning Services for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Replacement for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Retrofit for Aalborg boilers – waste heat recovery